The Word of God tells to resist the devil (stand firm against him) and he will flee from us ( James 4:7).
In the following verses James speaks more about the topic. He says come near to God and He will come near to you. He continues to encourage us to purify ourselves, to humble ourselves and repent and truly love each other.
Below are a few tips to help you on this journey of daily standing firm against the devil. The more we practice this the better we will become at resisting the devil. Let’s train our muscles.
Tips to resist the devil:
- Read God’s Word daily.
- Study God’s Word.
- Pray and Fast.
- Listen to the Word through a sermon and teaching which will edify your spirit.
- Surround yourself with godly people.
- Read books which will develop your life Spiritually. They will add value to your life.
- Meditate on God’s Word daily.
- Spend time with God through journalling.
- Apply His Word to your life daily.
- Repent daily; purify yourself. Get rid of any hindrance in your relationship with God.
- Truly Love each other.
- Walk in Obedience to God!
So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
James 4:7 NLT